Brad Henshaw wrote: > You've referred to the 3750 switches as Metro 3750's a number of times. > This may be due to your application of the switches, but do not confuse > the Cat3750 and 3750-E switches with the 3750 Metro's which are a > different beast.
Ah, you're right. My mistake, I was confused as to which flavor of 3750 fell under which brand designation. However, now that I've looked into it, I'm even more confused... see below. > As far as I'm aware, the 3750-E needs a different image to the vanilla > 3750. For a start you should ensure you have the correct image. This is true, but apparently the Cisco 3750G-16TD-E is considered to be part of the 3750 line, and not the 3750-E line? See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/index.html - the 16 port model listed there is what we have in the lab. I would think that the -E at the end of the model number listed in 'show ver' would classify this as part of the 3750-E line, but the only references I see on cisco.com for a 16 port 3750G are as part of the 3750 line, not the 3750-E line. The other thing that stumps me is the odd failure mode. I'd expect the switch to simply not boot, as opposed to functioning perfectly except for when access to flash: is required. Thanks, --afsheenb _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
