Usually, if things go well, minutes.  Inside the US with decent connectivity
you'll see changes at major routeservers very rapidly (seconds at times).
But globally minutes, maybe 10 - 20 tops.  If you're still not announcing
make sure that you are infact announcing the route and if you are then your
upstream probably has you prefix filtered.  Also, make sure you've filed the
appropriate route objects.


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richey
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 4:19 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] BGP Propigation

Typically, how long should it take to propagate a /24 across the net?   This
isn't a new /24 from arin so it should not be filtered.   It's supposedly
being announced but route-server.ip.att.net does not have the slightest clue
about this /24 and we connect to AT&T.  I'm wondering how long I should wait
before I should gripe.  I was given the /24 a week ago and it's still not
useable today.  I opened a ticket at the end of last week and it's still not
working.  Before I start pestering everyone I want to make sure I am not
acting too soon.

 

-richey

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to