Oops. I guess I should have looked at that first ;0) I don't understand you got assigned a /64. I though the smallest block that could be assigned to a customer site was /48.
-----Original Message----- From: matthew zeier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:15 PM To: Harold Ritter (hritter) Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] ipv6 autoconfig & linux I do have that - as mentioned earlier I probably need to use a /64 for the interface. Unfortunately, I was only allocated a /64 from he.net. Harold Ritter (hritter) wrote: > Matthew, > > Make sure that you enable "ipv6 unicast-routing" globally. The router > will not send router-advertisement messages nor respond to router > solicitation messages otherwise. > > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of matthew zeier > Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:05 AM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] ipv6 autoconfig & linux > > I must be missing something simple with v6 autoconfig - last time I > did this was with a 7200 and Solaris. > > On a 6500 running 12.2(18)SXD7, I have something like: > > interface Vlan5 > ip address 163.245.209.2 255.255.255.128 > ip access-group in-vlan5 out > no ip redirects > ipv6 address 2001:1470:1F01:3521:1:1:1:1/96 > ipv6 enable > glbp 10 ip 163.245.209.1 > glbp 10 priority 200 > glbp 10 preempt > end > > > I have a Linux box attached to that network and in > /etc/sysconfig/network I have: > > NETWORKING_IPV6=yes > IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes > > eth1 comes up with a link-local address and I'm able to ping6 the > link-local address for Vlan5 however it doesn't get a global address. > > I changed ifcfg-eth1 to look like the following to verify v6 > connectivity and it works but I'd really like to get autoconfig working. > Any pointers? > > DEVICE=eth1 > ONBOOT=yes > HWADDR=00:50:56:A9:07:F0 > BOOTPROTO=static > IPADDR=163.245.209.8 > NETMASK=255.255.255.128 > IPV6INIT=yes > IPV6ADDR=2001:470:1F01:3521:1:1:1:3/96 > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
