As Gustavo said, the 802.11 standard requires sending multicast traffic at
the 'basic' rate.

See:
http://www.networkcomputing.com/mobile/archives/mobile_archive_042606.html
for more details.

Frank 

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gustavo Novais
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 4:16 PM
To: Kristian Larsson; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cisco Aironet Multi/Broadcast limit

Have you tried configuring speed throughput on the AP? This would set
"basic" speed behaviour on all speeds other than 1.0 Mbps.
This is necessary for the AP to send broadcast/multicast traffic.

See
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_7_JA/configur
ation/guide/s37rf.html#wp1101903
for reference

Gustavo Novais

 

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kristian Larsson
Sent: domingo, 27 de Maio de 2007 22:03
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Cisco Aironet Multi/Broadcast limit

I've got a Cisco 1231G Access Point which I'm
rather happy with. However, I would like to enjoy
IPTV on my laptop and as this is sent out as
multicast and my Aironet limits all multicast and
broadcast traffic to 1Mbps the shows aren't very
enjoyable. I've looked around somewhat, poked in
the cisco, done a few google searches.. but
apparently my Google Kung Fu isn't up to the job
or there just isn't an option for this.
Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Thank you
Regards,
   Kristian.

-- 
Kristian Larsson                                   KLL-RIPE
Network Engineer                       SpriteLink [AS39525]
+46 704 910401                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to