Hi,
I have a C2924XL 24 port 10/100 Base-T which has some ports running at the regular 1500byte MTU, and some ports (used for MPLS) running at 1504 Im looking at upgrading the switch and getting a 48 port box. However it looks like the 2950,2960,3560 etc... do not support per interface MTU larger than 1500, but just a global MTU applied to all interfaces. Given that I only need some interfaces at 1504 and the rest at 1500, Im kind of stuck. What are the ill effects of having an MTU at 1504 on the switchport, if the L3 interface of the router/host attached to that particular port is set at 1500 (I assume no pmtud/fragmentation related issues, since the MTU change is on the L2 switch port, not on the L3 IP interface), and yes the switch is intended to do plain L2 aggregation. Recommendations for which switch to go with, anyone ? Thanks Mark _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
