Hi Jerome,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I need to loadbalance using BGP between two ISPs.
> The bandwith will be about 16 Mbit/s per ISP.
> I was thinking about using a pair of 2811 for this purpose, along with the SP
> services  (S28NSPSK9-12406XE, 700$ one) software feature for running BGP on
> them.
> 
> Do you think the 2811 overally fits for that purpose ? (Especially, is 256MB
> DRAM enough ? or should I consider upgrading this ?)

I'd better suggest 2821 with >=512Mb DRAM. Its price is slightly higher and 
this model consumes 2RU but have more
powerful CPU and 2 GE interfaces onboard instead of FE.
2811 with 512Mb DRAM *will* handle this if no heavy features turned on and 
incoming traffic on all interfaces not exceed
~15kpps.

-- 
Best wishes,
Dmitry Sergienko (SDA104-RIPE)
Trifle Co., Ltd.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to