I know what I want to achieve and asked a question quite specifically to get
to that aim.

Why? Because the router is in the middle of the dc, with each switch about
400m away on each side... and it would cost about au$2k to get a cable put
between them both.  When there is already a gigE link to each switch, why
bother with a new cable?

...Skeeve

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Storey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Thursday, 14 June 2007 6:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 'Cisco-nsp'
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Bridging dot1q on a 7200

Why bridge them on the router?

If the two interfaces are connected to different switches, why not either:

a) Run a cable between the two and trunk the VLAN accross if its the same
VLAN ID; or
b) Run a cable between the two, with each end in its respective VLAN

But a little more detail about what you want to achieve might help us better
advise of a solution.


> I am full of questions tonight - that's what happens when you are working
on
> a dozen things at once.
> 
> I am looking to bridge two layer 2 dot1q interfaces coming in on 2
different
> Ethernet interfaces on a 7200(g1/300/400)
> 
> Is what I am looking at a BVI?
> 
> Skeeve
> 
> --
> Skeeve Stevens, RHCE
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / www.skeeve.org
> Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 / skype://skeeve
> 
> eintellego - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - www.eintellego.net 
> --
> I'm a groove licked love child king of the verse 
> Si vis pacem, para bellum
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to