How do people sustain 4 Mbps?  I'm no gamer, but that seems a bit on the
high side.

Frank 

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mikael Abrahamsson
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2007 9:21 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] advice for L2 switches

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007, Jason LeBlanc wrote:

> This may be a dumb question, but why not wifi?  If its laptops, most
> will have the adapter built in, and a few usb adapters on the cheap for
> the rest, and a few ethernet ports for those that really need copper.

At the 5k people lanparties the aggregated bandwidth used is in the
10-20gigabit/s range. For 500 people I'd make sure I could move at least
1-2 gigs/s total, which means wireless will not work.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to