Now I am curious, outside of maybe stackability, and of course if you need 10GE, but outside that, is there any other advantage to the 3750G over the 3560G?
I am just curious, as I needed a single switch and went with a 3560G, as I didn't really see any added advantage to the 3750 unless I overlooked something.. --- Howard Leadmon > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:cisco-nsp- > [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin Graham > Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 10:02 AM > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [email protected] > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Advice on upgrade > > > --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > > > New to Cisco world (which is why I ask advice here and not a sales rep > > :->), I think I am going to want either a 7304-NSE-100, or 7604 with > > Sup32, or would a 7200 NPE-G2 be more than capable? > > > > We are not in need of BGP as we have a single carrier, but this may change > > in time to come. > > So are you just using equal-cost multipath to spread across the 3 gig-e's > presently? What do those "not long" ACL's look like? > > Assuming the ACL's are reasonable, go for a 3750G-12S's -- as long as you > operate it within its limits: > > http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12237se/scg/swsd > m.htm > > ...it will outperform everything you're considering but the 7604 at half the > cost. If you ever start turning up BGP with a second provider, you'll have > to > be very selective to stay within TCAM, but otherwise will be fine. > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
