What about using the command 'bgp always-compare-med' under the bgp router? If I understand this command then you can compare MED's between internal and externally learned routes instead of having 'best route' just going for external.
Rich >Message: 1 >Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:58:23 -0400 >From: Jeff Fitzwater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Late night BGP puzzler >To: "Metz, E.T. (Eduard)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >Cc: [email protected] >Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed > >I set a MED value for each peer so that I can control which peer is used >if they have equal paths. > > >Jeff Fitzwater >OIT Network Systems >Princeton University > >Metz, E.T. (Eduard) wrote: >> If I understand correctly, the cost-community is only considered very >> late in the decision process (among others after as-path, med and >> e-bgp/i-bgp): >> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009 >> 4431.shtml >> >> All these should be equal before the cost-community kicks in.. >> >> /Eduard >> >> >>> -----Original Message----- >>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >>> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Manu Chao >>> Sent: woensdag 1 augustus 2007 12:38 >>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >>> Cc: [email protected] >>> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Late night BGP puzzler >>> >>> eBGP prefer to iBGP >>> >>> On 8/1/07, Peter Kranz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >>> >>>> I can't for the life of me figure out why this won't select >>>> >>> path #2 as >>> >>>> the best path.. can someone unravel what I'm missing.. My >>>> >>> goal is to >>> >>>> get it to resolve the equal length AS path dispute usin _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
