Thanks. I don't think thats possible on these very old switches. I think I will try switching to MST
I did make one error in my previous post. This is a 3560 not a 3550. Roy Conaway, Aaron wrote: > Roy: > > We just turned up an HP GbE2c switch for a blade chassis on a Cisco-only > LAN and saw the same thing. The fall from glory was the fact that Cisco > does PVST and that the HP uses a single instance of STP for all VLANs. > The solution for us was to turn up a mess of STP groups on the HP -- one > for each VLAN. That fixed it right up. > > ----- > Aaron Conaway > > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Roy > Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 2:14 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] HP/Cisco Spanning Tree > > I have to integrate a new Cisco 3550 into an existing network based > mostly on older HP Procurve units. Multiple VLANs are involved. When I > enabled spanning tree, the whole network seems to seize. I suspect some > sort of problem due to the default PVST. I guess I need to switch to > MST. Does anyone have any experience in this configuration? > > Roy > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
