default-information originate metric 1000 (adjust metric according to which router you wish to actually be the default route)
Justin Shore wrote: > Seth Mattinen wrote: > >> Justin Shore wrote: >> >>> I have a pair of border routers, 1 with 2 upstream connection and the >>> other with a single connection. I'm pulling down full tables from each >>> provider and have iBGP between the border routers and the core routers. >>> Each border router has a static default pointed to the outgoing >>> interface for the local upstream connections (2 on one router and 1 on >>> the other). As expected the router with 2 default routes flops back and >>> forth between the 2 interfaces every second or two. >>> >> If you have a full mesh and full tables from your upstreams, what do you >> need default routes for? I only ask because I have a similar setup and I >> have no need for a default route in anything that speaks BGP. >> > > The mesh only covers the 2 border routers and 2 core routers; the core > routers in POP1 are meshed with the core routers in POP2; the core > routers in POP2 are meshed with the border router in POP2. There are > many more devices downstream of the core routers that need the default > route. We tried originating the default on the cores but this caused > the border routers to learn their default route from the core routers > (rather counter-productive). The only working method we could find is > originating the default on the borders. > > Thanks > Justin > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
