Greetings Troy,

IIRC the former GEIP is VIP2-50-based and the GEIP+ is VIP4-80-based. Having 
similar hardware architecture and data throughput capabilities would suggest ~ 
300-400 Mbps "published", which I would interpret as 150-200 Mbps average 
depending upon your configuration (YMMV). I would also guesstimate 
throughput|capacity from a L3 switching perspective of approximately 100-120 
Kpps for the GEIP. I think I read some caveats regarding memory and such, but I 
believe current code requirements have successfully mitigated these concerns.

HTH,
~M
 
>>> "Troy Beisigl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/16/2007 4:04 PM >>>
I know that Cisco states that the GEIP+ can do 800+Mpbs in the 7500 series
but I was not able to find anything about the GEIP. Knowing the limitation
of the VIP's speed, what could one expect to get out of the GEIP?

 

Thanks.

Troy

 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp 
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to