On Sun Sep 02, 2007 at 08:16:14AM -0600, David L. West wrote: > Thanks. I think I screwed up buying the hardware though. I have a 2960G-24TC > as the core switch in the server room, a 2960-48TT for the first floor, and > a 3548XL for the 3rd. Only the last is Layer 3. > > Reading your message and doing further research I begin to suspect I have to > have Layer 3 switches throughout for this all to work.
No - you just need one Layer 3 device, with an interface in each subnet. Neither the 2960G nor the 3548XL is a Layer 3 device, so you'll need to find a router from somewhere, and trunk all the vlans into that to do the routing between them, and to the outside world. Simon -- Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration * Director | * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy * Bogons Ltd | * http://www.bogons.net/ * Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] * _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
