Not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but here goes. Have a Win2k box that used to sit behind an old AdTran router. It's IP address at the time was 199.227.61.198. I've moved it to a new site and a new IP, 67.16.84.14. That IP sits behind a Cisco 2821 router, no firewall enabled other than the RRAS/NAT on the Windows box itself. The Windows server can see the outside world, and all other services (RDC, WWW, etc) can be reached on it as expected.
Here's the problem: VPN connections worked at the old location but don't at the new. I was trying to figure out if there was some router configuration I needed to change and did a packet trace. I can see the OLD address coming up in the trace and can find no reason for this whatever. You can see at http://home.dlwest.com/bad.jpg this happening: the first packet comes in from my home machine to the 67.16.84.14 address. Then you see alternate packets from me to the "new" and "old" IP addresses. The old address is nowhere in my configuration; not in the VPN connectoid on the client, not in DNS, not in the registry of either machine. For comparison, a successfull PPTP client connection looks like this: http://home.dlwest.com/good.jpg. I'm 99.9% convinced this is an MS issue, but wanted to check with this crowd to see if there is anything I should be doing on the router that I'm not. Router config follows. ================================================ Current configuration : 1421 bytes ! version 12.4 service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption ! hostname rt01-core ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! enable secret 5 ! no aaa new-model ! ip cef ! no ip domain lookup ! multilink bundle-name authenticated ! interface GigabitEthernet0/0 no ip address duplex auto speed auto ! interface GigabitEthernet0/0.10 description v010-outside-link-to-citylink [505 314 0890] encapsulation dot1Q 10 ip address 208.50.192.78 255.255.255.248 no ip unreachables ! interface GigabitEthernet0/1 no ip address duplex auto speed auto ! interface GigabitEthernet0/1.2 description v002-internal-mgt-vlan encapsulation dot1Q 2 ip address 172.16.0.1 255.255.255.0 ! interface GigabitEthernet0/1.20 description v020-public-ip-inside encapsulation dot1Q 20 ip address 67.16.84.1 255.255.255.240 no ip unreachables ! ip default-gateway 208.50.192.73 ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 208.50.192.73 ip route 67.16.84.0 255.255.255.0 Null0 15 ! no ip http server no ip http secure-server ! control-plane ! line con 0 line aux 0 line vty 0 4 exec-timeout 35791 0 password boofar login line vty 5 15 exec-timeout 35791 0 login ! scheduler allocate 20000 1000 ! webvpn cef ! ! _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
