Hi, We use a 7206 with NPE-G1 and VSA which is currently supporting ~10-15 tunnels running 150Mbps of throughput (with 1400 byte packets). The CPU hovers around the 45% mark most of the time, and this is with some extra features running such as basic QoS, OSPF and the box is also supporting a large number of FR and ATM interfaces.
I don't honestly think you will have any problems at all. Regards, Nikolas Geyer | Network Delivery - ACT | Implementation Team | EDS Australia -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kumar, Prashanth Sent: Tuesday, 9 October 2007 10:06 AM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] Router recommndation 200 Mbps encryption traffic ( 7200 NPEG2 with C7200-VSA Card) I am trying to spec a router for IPSEC head end. What I am looking is to sustain total of 200 Mbps IPSEC throughput with about 20 tunnels. It will also doing some QOS, specifically priority queuing the EF packets which is previously marked and running routing protocol OSPF . The data sheet suggest it can support up to 900 Mbps encryption throughput. This might be for 1400 byte packet with no features turned on, not to say CPU being 100%. I am looking for real world throughput. I am wondering If 7200 can do the job without CPU being 100% utilized or VSA module processor being 100% utilized. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps8768/products_data_sheet0900aecd80 47192f.html Thanks in advance Prashatnh _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
