Hi, I have a small problem with a iBGP on PE-CE link. The setup's been 'inherited' but never caused us trouble until the requirements recently changed slightly (it's a bit boring story). To cut it short, we have the following setup:
(CE1)--ibgp--(PE1)--mpbgp--(P)--mpbgp--(PE2)--ibgp--(CE2) (the PE2 and CE2 is the new addition). Both CEs are route-reflector-clients of the PEs. PEs are 6503s. Routes from CE1 get into the MPLS-cloud without any issues. The problem is, since it's ibgp between CE1 and PE1 the next hop is not getting set after the prefix enters the VRF. As a result of that PE2 refuses to install the route (the next hop is still the IP address from the vrf on PE1). We have exactly the same setup with eBGP on the fringes and that obviously works fine. The question is - how to make it go with that setup (if it's possible at all)? I tried various techniques to get it sorted (mainly by trying to manipulate the prefix using route map). I have a lot of experience with bgp but not a lot with mpbgp, so I'm a bit confused here. for normal ibgp I would just set up the 'next hop self' on the session between PE and P, but I don't think it's going to work on mpbgp (since ebgp already works fine I don't want to break it). Any hints how to fix the problem? kind regards Pshem _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
