Hello everyone,
I just question that someone may lend their insight or opinion. I have a customer who is looking to use Level 3 layer 2 VPN service to connect their backbone POPS. So instead of the traditional PTP WAN links or OC links, they are going to use MPLS Layer 2 VPNs. The handoff from Level 3 is Gig E. Now the question is, the company has several customers who would like to use the newly implemented backbone to tie in their remote sites (these customers have existing connection to the POPs already, either with NxT1s or metro Ethernet). The thought that I have is that since the handoff from Level 3 is Ethernet and transparent (for the most part), couldn't they configure either pseudowires or L2TPv3 themselves and offer this to their customers? So if customer A has a site in LA and Dallas, they can configure a tunnel with some sort of SLA on speeds and delivery to the customer to hand-off an Ethernet connection or a WAN connection? The customer has Junipers and OSR 7600s in the network backbone. Any thoughts on this idea? I am researching this type of product and would like to get opinions and thoughts. Thanks! Jon _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
