Sadly enough we have some idiots threatening some DDoS attacks, and I was trying to go though and do what I could to make things as bullet proof as possible. Not that it's possible to stop all attempts, but figured at least covering my bases it would help some.
So I set out building some cpp ACL's and policy maps to apply, and then installed them on my 26xx router here at my house to see how they worked. So far, so good, looks to be live. So then I go and load the stuff on 7206 in the datacenter. Seemed OK, but for some reason one of the BGP sessions wouldn't come up, so I tried to make a change in an ACL on the CP. Here was the start of trouble, if I tried to update anything related to the policy map, the router would crash. After realizing that, I figured heck with it, I would just pull the cpp from the cp config. Nice thought, trying to simply do a 'no service-policy input copp-policy' on the control plane of the router would crash it hard. I am not sure if anyone has run into this, it looks like a software bug as it is rebooting with a SegV on 0x0: System was restarted by error - a SegV exception, PC 0x0 at 08:20:26 EST Sat Dec 15 2007 7200 Software (C7200P-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) I guess it's possible I did something totally wrong in the cpp, but heck you wouldn't think removing the cp policy from the router would crash it. Has anyone used a cpp on the 7606/NPE-G2? If so, did it work OK? Heck and if it worked, care to share what you have done, so maybe I can implement something that actually works and doesn't crash everything. I guess for now I'll just run it without one.. --- Howard Leadmon _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
