Mark Tinka wrote: > On Thursday 10 January 2008 15:56, Mohacsi Janos wrote: > >> VPLS is only supported with SIP/SPA cards with SUP720 or >> RSP-720. VPLS requires extra processing power on ports >> that SIP/SPA cards have.... > > I find this bit annoying... it would have been nice if Cisco > supported VPLS on most or all of the fabric-enabled > Ethernet line cards (ES20 aside).
Or at least make the ES cards a little easier on the pocket book. $30k for a 6748 w/ DFC or $60k for a ES20 plus another $40k for a license to use IPv6, L3 IP/MPLS VPN, and MVPN ($40k for a freaking license!). Not to mention that the ES linecards require their own Smartnet for another $13k (24x7x4 no-onsite). Even at 50% off, tell me how I justify that to the boss? I could buy a pair of RSP720-3CXLs for the price of that 1 20-port GigE card. I'm a Cisco fan but....EOF Justin _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
