thanks guys.. this was on 12.2(18)SXF8
let me clarify a little more on what i experienced.. i experienced an issue after the following was done 1st - vlanX created, portA configured, added to vlanX, unshut, portB configured, added to vlanX, unshut, cidr block added to prefix list as i mentioned next thing i know - no ip's were reachable on this switch my first thoughts are no way this could have caused it but when the prefix list was removed, connectivity to devices that hang off the switch were reachable again any ideas? On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Dale Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi, > > On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Christian Koch wrote: > > > > if by mistake a prefix list was added with the same sequence > > number, would there be any negative result? > > On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Higham, Josh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > > I believe that you get an error, but it's easy to safely test. > > I tried this the other day - I think it was IOS 12.3(17b) - and it > wouldn't let me insert an entry at an existing sequence number. I was > testing to see if it would either override the existing entry or push > it down one sequence number (higher) like it does on the PIX. > > Josh's suggestion is good -- practice with a new/test prefix-list. > > cheers, > Dale > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
