The same happened to me too. 1 out of 10 AS5300 has failed the past year, mostly due to PSU.
-- Tassos Justin Shore wrote on 4/3/2008 4:25 μμ: > Jon Lewis wrote: >> On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Joe Maimon wrote: >> >>> Is there any way to get the vxr to support analog dialup access using >>> pri t1's? >> Hook it up via DSIC card to an AS5800 dial shelf. Unless you've got large >> numbers of PRI to terminate and someone else is paying for power and >> cooling, I'd suggest you look at AS5300 dial gear instead. > > And if you do buy an after-market AS5300 (there is no other way any > longer since they are EoEveryhing) make sure you buy plenty of spare > parts. Every 5300 I own has at least 1 failed fan. I've had PSUs fail. > I've even had the main PRI cards themselves crap out on me. The age > of the hardware involved is great enough that things just start failing > for no apparent reason other than gremlins or metal whiskers. > > Justin > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
