The ISP I work for is using several 10k's. We had some (rather silly)  
bugs initially but they seem to be fully ironed out now and the boxes  
are cruising along quite nicely now (to the best of my knowledge - I  
certainly havnt seen any internal notices about outages for quite some  
time).

Our boxes are handling PPPoEoE from our own DSLAMs, and PPPoEoA/PPPoA  
via ATM from a wholesale DSL supplier.

We moved from 7200VXRs with NPE-G1/2's.

Cheers,
Tom

On 05/03/2008, at 5:53 PM, Gert Doering wrote:

> HI,
>
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 12:12:35AM -0300, Rubens Kuhl Jr. wrote:
>> The ASR 1006 seems to be a 10000 replacement; disappointed 10000  
>> users
>> will probably welcome the box if it actually works.
>
> Can I infer from your words that the 10000 doesn't work?
>
> (We're considering upgrading from a 7301 to a 10k for DSL/L2TP  
> termination,
> and I would love to hear any words of warning...)
>
> gert
>
> -- 
> USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
>                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
> Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> fax: +49-89-35655025                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to