I second the UPS option or simply connecting 1 of the switches to any other power source (ie, extension cord down the hall to another room). Another trick that I've used to diagnose a faulty UPS (at a job with a need but no money) was to pick up a couple $5 digital alarm clocks at Wal-Mart. I connected one to the line power and one to the UPS and set the time on both. Neither clock had the backup battery installed in it. The next time we had an "event" the clock on the UPS was flashing; the clock on the line power was fine. Bad UPS. That same trick could be used to find any bad power source (other than problems created by dirty power sources).
Justin Church, Charles wrote: > Doesn't seem like it could be anything else. I'd throw a decent UPS on > one of the 3 switches, see if that one stays up while the other 2 go > down. If it's an intelligent UPS, it can probably log and maybe you'll > see exactly what happened (total outage, voltage sag, power surge, etc). > > Chuck > > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Howard Jones > Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 8:10 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] Can "power-on" mean anything other than power on? > > > Hi, > > Please could I get the confirmation of your collective experience? > > We have a group of three older Catalysts at a customer site that > apparently reboot all together (within a second) and for no reason every > 10-15 days or so. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
