Dear All,
On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Peter Rathlev wrote: > On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 22:15 +0200, Gert Doering wrote: > <snip> >> PS: I'm sorry. This was my last "6500/7600 BU politics suck big time" rant. > > Aww... It was beginning to get under my skin. ;-D > >> While it won't change any time soon, this is just not the topic for this >> mailing list, and I'll try to return to constructive postings now. > > I guess some (a lot?) on this changed their 6500's for 7600's when they > had the chance, seeing that it is the SP choice, but maybe in some time > we can see what way things went. We, as a semi large-ish enterprise > (government health care), chose to change away from 7600 to 6500 as core > boxen for our metro/regional network. This was after a long period of > problems with instability on SRB. Now we run 6500/SXF and it works like > a charm, knock on wood. (For MPLS VPN + a little EoMPLS + a few service > modules.) > > (I'm not trying to keep this thread going by the way. Really!) I have heard some success and failure stories of Cisco 7600..... Probably we have to ask the 7600 BU to improve their software and take decisions that make sense: - They should improve quality of the IOS softwares!! - I have heard that SRD will be tested more thoroughly... But currently Cisco 7600 BU played on the customer loyalty... and exploited their inability to change. - Cisco 7600 BU should go something similar to safe harbour.... - They (6500 BU and 7600 BU) should support all new supervisor cards... RSP720 is not supported in 6500 and sup720-10GE series not supported in 7600. This is nonsense! - They can distinguish certain cards to be supported on Cisco 6500 or Cisco 7600 according the market segment. -LAN type switchingcards should be supported on both C7600 and C6500.... - fabric enabled with *720* and non fabric enabled with sup32* and *720* Best Regards, Janos Mohacsi Network Engineer, Research Associate, Head of Network Planning and Projects NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F 4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882 _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
