-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Hi,
... for general information on IPSLA see: http://www.cisco.com/go/ipsla/ There's a IPSLA user guide, which I found very helpful: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/technologies/tk648/tk362/tk920/technologies_white_paper09186a00802d5efe_ps6602_Products_White_Paper.html Concerning you questions: On Thursday 10 April 2008, Wagh, Shivani K (GE, Research, non-ge) wrote: > I want to calculate jitter,delay,packet loss for VoIP network using > cisco's RttMonMIB. > I am not able to pick the exact oid for collecting the data counter. I'd guess you configured udp-jitter probes? You can use the following subtree for data retrieval: Base-OID for Latest-Jitter-probe stats: .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.3.1.2 Below this subtree you'll find all available statistics for the udp-jitter probe,e.g. Avg-Jitter two-way: .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.2.1.46 I'd recommend using a mib-browser and take a look at the rttMonLatestJitterOperTable. > I am also not able to understand the Jitter Stats Table,as it gives two > values.This way. > cisco.ciscoMgmt.42.1.3.5.1.12.2.4214297322 : Counter: 148 > cisco.ciscoMgmt.42.1.3.5.1.12.2.4214657322 : Counter: 11 What you're looking at here is a history of the latest probe results, "4214297322" and "4214657322" are the timestamps... The mib says: "The Jitter statistics table contains summarized information of the results for a conceptual RTT control row. A rolling accumulated history of this information is maintained in a series of hourly 'group(s)'." In my opinion, this is only relevant if you're going to monitor probe stats via router cli. If you poll the probe stats via snmp on a regular base, it's probably easier to just take a look at the *latest* results (see above, "rttMonLatestJitterOperTable"). Regards, Andy - -- Andreas Bourges CCIE #6947 (R&S,C&S) GSM: +49 178 7072022 e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.isarnet.de http://www.isarflow.de - -------------------------------------------- IsarFlow Hotline: +49-811-99829-270 - -------------------------------------------- IsarNet Software Solutions GmbH Terminalstrasse Mitte 18 85356 Muenchen Sitz der Gesellschaft: Oberding Handelsregister Muenchen, HRB 160131 USt.-ID Nr. DE246540332 Geschaeftsfuehrung: Andreas Perthel, Harald Weikert - -------------------------------------------- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux) iD8DBQFH/xkfRrny/uOBVy4RAjU2AKCaftywNP3bCr6YX8CAaXXmN9U9SwCgh4lE Xp0v/NnVaf/10ehQ/nKEHRY= =q6Yk -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
