Hi Phil,

I have followed the instructions on CCO very carefully about GOLD and these are 
my test results:

If i do the same test on the same module with 3BXL (instead of 3CXL), 
everything is working fine.

I tried the same test on another 67xx module with another 3CXL and the error 
reappeared. I replaced the 3CXL with a 3BXL and the 
error went away.

Generally, i have 3 tried 3 different 6724-SFP/6748-GE-TX modules and all of 
them return "Pass" when used with a 3BXL and "Fail" 
when used with a 3CXL...and only for this specific test.

I'm starting to believe that the combination of 7609/SUP720/3BXL & 67xx/3CXL 
"confuses" this specific diagnostic test. I don't 
want to think that there is a hardware problem with all these 3CXLs.

--
Tassos

Phil Mayers wrote on 18/4/2008 6:45 μμ:
> Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:
>> Is the following error something to worry? Can this SSRAM memory be 
>> replaced?
> 
> Be sure to:
> 
>  1. clear *all* config on the box which references the linecard (I use a 
> spare chassis and "clear start")
>  2. Disable the periodic diags that run by default
>  3. Run the diag *immediately* after a linecard reboot
> 
> I've seen various of the GOLD diags fail if there is *any* config on the 
> box, certainly any referencing the linecard. I've also seen that 
> particular diag fail if *any* other diag has run on the linecard since 
> the last reboot, including the periodic "non-destructive" ones.
> 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to