Not really on topic, but we just finished mounting three 6509-V-E
chassis; I know they come with some stub "shelves", but otherwise they
just hang in seven 4 mm long screws in each side. (It doesn't matter how
many rack mouting nuts you use, the panel you fasten to the rack is
fastened to the chassis with those seven screws.)

The chassis itself weighs in at just below 50 kg. Add a supervisor and
some heavy line cards and you're approaching my weight, and I'm not
exactly lean. Fourteen tiny screws... I wouldn't rest in a hammock
mounted in that way. :-)

Regards,
Peter

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 11:17 +0100, Dean Smith wrote:
> Anyone else shocked at the appalling rack mounting supplied for 7201 ?
> 
> Single "ears" at either front or back is simply not good enough for
>  that sort of box. Look at any 1U server (equivalent value/weight) and
>  you'll get a decent adjustable rail that can go front to back and
>  offer a proper stable mounting
> 
> Our first 7201 install is drooping alarmingly (and I dont think its
>  cheap rack rails)
> 
> At cisco prices i dont expect to have to go and buy additional
>  shelves/brackets just to get an acceptable rack mount solution !
>  _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing
>  list  [email protected]
>  https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at
>  http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to