Take an old ethernet card, copy its mac address and throw the ethernet 
card out.

Use that mac address.

Realistically, the TELCO is actually asking for what to put in a layer 2 
access list.

You want to be able to connect multiple routers, for example with an ATM 
switch, so tell them a mac address with the last two hex digits masked to FF

That way you can connect a couple hundred routers without involving them 
again.

So long as the mac's arent going to conflict with any of your customers, 
you shouldnt ever have a problem.


Paul A wrote:
> Hi, we have an ATM circuit that will be terminating some DSL circuits. The
> Telco is asking me for the terminating router's mac address
> I'm confused as to what mac address I should give them. I know im supposed
> to add the mac-address statement under the ATM interface according to the
> documents I read on the cisco site but how go I figure out with mac address
> to use?
> 
> TIA, P
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
> 
> 
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to