Hi all, I am trying to find a solution for an issue here, we have two servers with the same IP address configuration, both should be connected to the same switch but just one is physically connected (the active node) while the other one (the passive node) is like a cold-backup, it is waiting to be physically connected (or in the other hand, the switch port should be enable with a "no shutdown" command)
Well, in both cases the solution -there is no way to create a cluster or configure a keepalive/heartbeat between those servers- requires an human intervention, so, I was thinking on use flex links but I have several questions that I hope you can help me with them: When the backup port is going to be enabled? does it requires a down/down or just an up/down? Is possible to configure a track or similar to verify the status of the server or the port? (take note that the port and the switch have different vlans) The switch is a 2960G with the "lan base" IOS If the switch doesn't support anything to track the port/server status, is there any other Cisco switch platform available to do that? Thanks for all comments, all are welcome to resolve this. Regards _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
