We need to find a way to encrypt the data BEFORE the acceleration and from what 
I've read, is not possible to accelerate TCP when the data is inside an 
encrypted tunnel, so the possible way to be able to spoof the TCP is in 
transport mode instead of tunnel mode of the IPSec.
But that's only based on what I've read on the web, perhaps I'm missing 
something.
If the only way to do it is using only two routers, is somebody willing to 
share a sample config of a GRE/IPIP tunnel with transport encryption within?
Thanks,
Ziv


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeremy Stretch
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] IPSEC Transport mode

Ziv,

I have a setup very similar to what you describe, a transport mode
tunnel between two 3725s connected via satellite. We have accelerators
in place but I'm not familiar with them. It's a fairly standard setup;
what do you need to know?

stretch
http://packetlife.net

Ziv Leyes wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm making a VPN Site to Site tunnel in a lab test between a Cisco 1840 
> router and ASA5510, each one connected behind a satellite link, because of 
> the high latency in such setup (1300ms RTT) we're trying to implement 
> acceleration and the appliance we're trying to implement needs the VPN to 
> encrypt in transport mode in order to be able to accelerate the traffic, the 
> appliance knows to "ignore" the ESP protocol and accelerate/compress the 
> data, it can't do nothing on an IPSec in tunnel mode.
> I searched the web and the only thing I've found was a proposed setup with 
> GRE or L2TP tunnel and then encrypting the data that goes through the tunnel.
> Does somebody know what I'm talking about? I'll appreciate some ideas.
> Thanks,
>
> Ziv
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ************************************************************************************
> This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
> PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer 
> viruses.
> ************************************************************************************
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
>

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/





************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer 
viruses.
************************************************************************************






 
 
************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer 
viruses.
************************************************************************************



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to