This is an old one for configuring transport mode: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_examp le09186a008009438e.shtml
Newer configs would use tunnel protection instead of a crypto map. -- http://dcp.dcptech.com > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ziv Leyes > Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:12 AM > To: Jeremy Stretch; [email protected] > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] IPSEC Transport mode > > We need to find a way to encrypt the data BEFORE the > acceleration and from what I've read, is not possible to > accelerate TCP when the data is inside an encrypted tunnel, > so the possible way to be able to spoof the TCP is in > transport mode instead of tunnel mode of the IPSec. > But that's only based on what I've read on the web, perhaps > I'm missing something. > If the only way to do it is using only two routers, is > somebody willing to share a sample config of a GRE/IPIP > tunnel with transport encryption within? > Thanks, > Ziv > > > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeremy Stretch > Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:32 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] IPSEC Transport mode > > Ziv, > > I have a setup very similar to what you describe, a transport mode > tunnel between two 3725s connected via satellite. We have accelerators > in place but I'm not familiar with them. It's a fairly standard setup; > what do you need to know? > > stretch > http://packetlife.net > > Ziv Leyes wrote: > > Hi, > > I'm making a VPN Site to Site tunnel in a lab test between > a Cisco 1840 router and ASA5510, each one connected behind a > satellite link, because of the high latency in such setup > (1300ms RTT) we're trying to implement acceleration and the > appliance we're trying to implement needs the VPN to encrypt > in transport mode in order to be able to accelerate the > traffic, the appliance knows to "ignore" the ESP protocol and > accelerate/compress the data, it can't do nothing on an IPSec > in tunnel mode. > > I searched the web and the only thing I've found was a > proposed setup with GRE or L2TP tunnel and then encrypting > the data that goes through the tunnel. > > Does somebody know what I'm talking about? I'll appreciate > some ideas. > > Thanks, > > > > Ziv > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ************************************************************** > ********************** > > This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by > > PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, > vandals & computer viruses. > > > ************************************************************** > ********************** > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > > > > ************************************************************** > ********************** > This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by > PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, > vandals & computer viruses. > ************************************************************** > ********************** > > > > > > > > > ************************************************************** > ********************** > This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by > PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, > vandals & computer viruses. > ************************************************************** > ********************** > > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
