On Wed, Jun 25, 2008, Wilkinson, Alex wrote: > Hi all, > > We have a: > > Cisco 7204VXR (NPE200) processor (revision B) with 114688K/16384K bytes of > memory. > > We are loosing our EIGRP neighbour adjaceny due to exhausting our memory usage > (i think): e.g. > > EIGRP: Retransmission retry limit exceeded
.. I don't think thats memory-related. You'd have allocation failures in your syslog IIRC. > Jun 17 15:57:39 atm-router 11682: Jun 17 15:57:39: %DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: > IP-EIGRP(0) 1: Neighbor xxx.xxx.xx.xx (ATM1/0.48) is down: retry limit > exceeded > > It appears that our 7200-VXR does indeed have 128MB DRAM i.e. > > "System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(13)CA, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE > (fc1) > Copyright (c) 1997 by cisco Systems, Inc. > C7200 processor with 131072 Kbytes of main memory" > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yup! > However, when I do a "show processes memory" I only see 32MB e.g > > Processor Pool Total: 30801656 Used: 28807740 Free: 1993916 > I/O Pool Total: 16777216 Used: 1563104 Free: 15214112 > PCI Pool Total: 4194304 Used: 1131968 Free: 3062336 Whats "show mem" tell you? What IOS version are you using? How big is that image? > Questions: 1. Can someone please confirm to me whether I do actually have > 128MB of > main memory from the aforementioned output ? Yup - IOS takes a whole chunk of it when its uncompressed at startup. > 2. Why does a "show processes memory" only show 32MB in the > "Processor Pool Total" ? Thats whats left over after the system allocates its stuff. > 3. Is main memory (DRAM) divided up into "Pools" ? And can i change > how this divided up ? I forget. There are commands to change the main/IO split but I forget exactly which NPEs have static RAM for packet processing and when it matters. Its been a while since I had to care. :) adrian _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
