The box says you have 128M of memory so why doubt it. As far as accounting. there are all sorts of pools allocated and you need to include the memory taken by IOS itself.

Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
Hi all,

We have a:

   Cisco 7204VXR (NPE200) processor (revision B) with 114688K/16384K bytes of 
memory.

We are loosing our EIGRP neighbour adjaceny due to exhausting our memory usage
(i think): e.g.

   EIGRP: Retransmission retry limit exceeded
   Jun 17 15:57:39 atm-router 11682: Jun 17 15:57:39: %DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE:
   IP-EIGRP(0) 1: Neighbor xxx.xxx.xx.xx (ATM1/0.48) is down: retry limit 
exceeded

It appears that our 7200-VXR does indeed have 128MB DRAM i.e.

   "System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(13)CA, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE 
(fc1)
    Copyright (c) 1997 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    C7200 processor with 131072 Kbytes of main memory"
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

           However, when I do a "show processes memory" I only see 32MB e.g

           Processor Pool Total:   30801656 Used:   28807740 Free:    1993916
                 I/O Pool Total:   16777216 Used:    1563104 Free:   15214112
                 PCI Pool Total:    4194304 Used:    1131968 Free:    3062336


Questions: 1. Can someone please confirm to me whether I do actually have 128MB 
of
              main memory from the aforementioned output ?

           2. Why does a "show processes memory" only show 32MB in the
              "Processor Pool Total" ?

           3. Is main memory (DRAM) divided up into "Pools" ? And can i change
              how this divided up ?

           4. What are the "best practice" commands to watch memory usage ?

Thanks!

--                                                                 --

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to