As long as you're within 7nm or so of a CWDM center, and you have a
purely optical path, this should work. You'll only be able to get DWDM
optics near 1530nm and 1550nm though (ch 34 and 59, for example).


On 6/24/08, Tomas Hlavacek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a question about WDM which is maybe offtopic here but I do not
> know any better place to ask.
>
> Is it possible to connect DWDM transceivers (XENPAK for instance) to
> CWDM MUXes on both sides of 10Km optical fiber, assuming that wavelength
> of DWDM transceiver is in the middle of a particular 20nm CWDM wavelengh
> window? Will this setup work? And is there any danger? I mean, it is
> possible to damage something - notably MUXes or transceivers?
>
> For better understanding, this is my situation: I have one leased CWDM
> lambda, now working with 1Gbps Ethernet SFPs and I need an easy upgrade
> to 10Gbps.
>
> Thanks!
> Tomas
>
> --
> Tomáš Hlaváček <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to