This works fine. In fact various passive component vendors have 8 lambda DWDM muxes designed for launching into a CWDM system. I have used the MRV ones in the past to migrate a CWDM system to a hybrid CWDM/DWDM system.
Colin On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:27:22PM +0200, Tomas Hlavacek wrote: > Hello! > > I have a question about WDM which is maybe offtopic here but I do not > know any better place to ask. > > Is it possible to connect DWDM transceivers (XENPAK for instance) to > CWDM MUXes on both sides of 10Km optical fiber, assuming that wavelength > of DWDM transceiver is in the middle of a particular 20nm CWDM wavelengh > window? Will this setup work? And is there any danger? I mean, it is > possible to damage something - notably MUXes or transceivers? > > For better understanding, this is my situation: I have one leased CWDM > lambda, now working with 1Gbps Ethernet SFPs and I need an easy upgrade > to 10Gbps. > > Thanks! > Tomas > > -- > Tom???? Hlav????ek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ -- Colin Whittaker +353 (0)86 8211 965 http://colin.netech.ie [EMAIL PROTECTED] _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
