/31s work fine here for IOS gear. I can confirm that the ASA does not support them. It's been a while since I last tried but, if I remember correctly, you can configure an interface with a /31, but it won't pass traffic nor will it be obvious what the problem is.

Justin Shore wrote:
It works fine here. I use it for all my infrastructure links between Cisco gear (and only Cisco gear). More specifically IOS devices. I don't believe FWSMs, IDSMs, ASAs, etc have support for it. I never tried but I'd seriously doubt it.

Justin

Vikas Sharma wrote:
Hi,

has anyone used /31 network instead of /30? I believe this is recommended to
use /31 network? Need expert comments.

Regards,
Vikas Sharma
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to