On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 09:59:35AM -0400, Jeff Kell wrote:
> Quick question for someone that's "been there done that" from someone  
> who has said "I thought it would work" more often than I'd like :-)
>
> Can you get a full BGP feed (two peers) into a Sup2?  with uRPF?  Which  
> RAM needs to be upgraded?

        No.

        sup2 has a 256k route limit in tcam.  the tcam is not
upgradable.  you need a sup720 w/ 3bxl or 3cxl.

        enabling u-rpf drops it to 128k entries in the tcam on
the sup2.

        - jared

> I found out the hard way it won't fit into a SUP2/MSFC2/PFC2 w/256Mb.
>
> Will 512Mb do it?  Can you put 512Mb in a Sup2 (some 3rd-party pages  
> imply 256 is max, another says a "Sup2U" can do 512) ?
>
> Do you upgrade the Sup2 memory or one of the daughtercards, or both?

        fan tray, power supplies and sup.

        - jared

-- 
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
clue++;      | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/  My statements are only mine.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to