Arie Vayner (avayner) wrote:
Adam,
One thing to consider is to reduce the BGP view.
Do they really need the full view, or can actually take a partial view
from each provider (for example each providers originated networks, and
maybe their direct customers), and then use a default route for the rest
of the Internet (the best alternative is to actually ask the providers
to advertise a default route).
I most stub (as in non transit) ASs this should be a valid solution.
Another alternative could be to introduce another set of border routers,
such as 7201 routers. 7201 is a 7200/NPE-G2 in 1RU form factor with
4x1GE ports.
It can easily take a full BGP view, but traffic sizing should be
performed so that we can actually handle the load.
Actually, I am not sure if the upgrade to Sup720-3BXL would be much more
expansive than the 7201, but I suggest you explore these options with
your customer.
I would agree, standard cisco prices, with 35% discount in £ would be :
7201, 1GB, Dual PSU - £7,995.00
SUP720-3BXL - £20,500.00
The 7201 is significantly cheaper, and will do full gigabit, provided
you don't get DDoSed :)
adam.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/