Has anyone any experience of the QoS capabilities on the ME 4924-10GE ? The
data sheet lists "Per-port per-VLAN QoS". But I'm struggling to pinpoint
exactly what this gives. The config examples in the 4500 Series config guide
simply shows policing per VLAN....is this the only action available ?

 

Essentially I'd like something with 10G ports that can do QoS per VLAN on
the 10G port - but offer some per-class B/W guarantees within the VLAN.

 

i.e. Limit VLAN 10 to 100Mb/s and within that VLAN...

10Mb/s PQ for DSCP EF

40Mb/s for DSCP AF

50Mb/s for DSCP DE

 

I don't need to overbook the 10G port (i.e. sum of all VLANS  < 10G).
Overall port requirement is low (<10 x 1G + 1x10G) - which makes the 4924
ideal.

 

The other options seem to be ASR, 4500+Sup6E, 7600+ES20, GSR etc. But
opinions/experience welcomed......(and yes it needs to be cisco)

 
Dean

 

 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to