On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

My question is now, the 3550-FX has gone and I need to replace some units
the way forward with integrated ports is the 3750 with 24FX + 4 SFP @ ~
$7000
A 3650 with 24x Media convertors with dual PSU shelves @ ~ $5000

We have had quite a few 3550 MTRJ 100FX ports partially fail (high RX
drops) in the past causing all kinds of fun and games with STP
So even with the extra points of failure the Media convertors are looking
tempting as failed units can be simply replaced.

I have a few devices and buildings on campus that I feed at 100FX, both from 4500s with MTRJ blades and from 3750s with the 100FX SFPs and both seem to be pretty reliable. I haven't seen the 'live' failure rates on the 100FX SFPs to be much better or worse than the GE SFPs we use all over the place.

My personal choice is to go with the SFPs, rather than something that requires additional external pieces of gear, however I've never used the 3650 + media converters, so I can't speak to their reliability.

jms
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to