Single sup720-3bxl. Tried different slot, even tried an entire different 6509 with same IOS SXF2.. Maybe something with the IOS, or a hardware revision of the chassis or sup module?

Looking it up on the search gets no results :/

I got the same message you got, except it didn't contain the fabric channel sync error, just the power off error, and this was with ANOTHER 6704 module.. So two 6704 modules I tried , each different errors, would not work in either 6509 I have running SXF2.
I got no errors putting it in a 6513, with SXH3 on it..

Will try SXF14, but I'm getting some TCAM errors with it which I'm about to post about :)

Paul

Ross Vandegrift wrote:
On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 04:08:04PM -0400, Paul wrote:
I'm getting the following messages when inserting a WS-X6704-10GE module into a 6509
running 12.2.18 SXF2  sup720-3bxl

00:00:04: %SYS-CFC9-5-RESTART: System restarted --
Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
IOS (tm) c6lc2 Software (c6lc2-SP-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Thu 19-Jan-06 04:37 by dchih
*Nov 30 00:00:02.723: CFC9: Currently running ROMMON from S (Gold) region
- RELIABILITY DRIVER: wrong signature on NVFLASH

A co-worker reported the same message to me on Friday from a lab
switch running SXD7b when he inserted a 6704-10GE w/dfc3bxl.

Do you have redundant sups in the switch?  This message is in our
logs:

00:00:24: %SYS-DFC4-5-RESTART: System restarted --
Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) c6lc2 Software (c6lc2-SP-M), Version 12.2(18)SXD7b, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Fri 08-Dec-06 12:34 by ccai
00:00:24: DFC4: Currently running ROMMON from S (Gold) region
- RELIABILITY DRIVER: wrong signature on NVFLASH
00:18:40: SP: Disabling standby fabric in slot 6 and allowing module in slot 4 to go ONLINE as it's fabric channels could not sync with the standby but synced with the active fabric

00:18:40: %OIR-SP-3-PWRCYCLE: Card in module 6, is being power-cycled off 
(Fabric channel errors)
00:18:42: %PFREDUN-SP-6-ACTIVE: Standby processor removed or reloaded, changing 
to Simplex mode
00:18:43: %DIAG-SP-6-RUN_MINIMUM: Module 4: Running Minimum Diagnostics...
00:18:54: %DIAG-SP-6-DIAG_OK: Module 4: Passed Online Diagnostics


Sep 20 13:19:21: %PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module 9 is experiencing the following error: Port Asic 0: 2 important event

Sep 20 14:02:51: %PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module 9 is experiencing the following error: Port Asic 0: 1 important event

I don't see any instances of this, so it could be different.

Is this a bug in SXF2? I put the same module into another running SXH3 and I don't get the reliability driver message. Also this ASIC message does not look good but again it doesn't happen on SXH3..

Thanks


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


--
GloboTech Communications
Phone: 1-514-907-0050
Toll Free: 1-(888)-GTCOMM1
Fax: 1-(514)-907-0750
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.gtcomm.net
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to