Do you have a Dialer interface defined and attached to the ATM interfaces? If you do, try the ACL on that.
-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jason Lixfeld Sent: Tuesday, 23 September 2008 10:52 a.m. To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] debugging all incoming traffic on an interface I'm trying to give a local ILEC an idea on where to look to troubleshoot an issue on a bridged DSL circuit. It terminates directly onto a WIC-1ADSL interface in a 2651 on the one side and a VLAN on the other side. Can't pass traffic over it, but the inbound packet counters are incrementing on the 2651 side, however I have no idea what kind of traffic is actually hitting the interface, nor do I know what the source or destination of the traffic is. My question in all of this is what's the best way to see all the traffic coming into this interface? Attaching a access-list 100 permit ip any any log-input to the interface and/or subinterface via ip access-group didn't show anything - the interface counters incremented while the access-list counter didn't. I can't debug the ATM (sub)interface, nor can I configure a SPAN port on an ATM (sub)interface. Anyone know how I might go about this? I suppose in a worst case scenario, I could hook up a DSL modem to the line and plug that into a wireshark box, but I'm hoping there's a more localized solution. Thanks in advance. ---------- The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and is intended for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) only. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Chelmer Limited. ##################################################################################### This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by NetIQ MailMarshal ##################################################################################### _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
