That's where I am at, now that VSS supports fwsm and ace I'll probably
be looking at migrating in January or February.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Durack [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 7:43 AM
To: Teller, Robert
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] no implementation plans

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Teller, Robert
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why do you say vss will die a horrible death?

'Cos it looks real "glossy."

I was excited by VSS when I first saw it, we even waited on the
VS-S720 so we would be VSS ready.
Since then feature parity has been slow. We had to go with a standard
dual-switch setup, as that works today.

But I did say:

> (Obviously I just made these up, but they smell good to me!)

And the posted link shows VSS has plenty of development roadmap, so I
guess we'll see what happens.

Open questions in my mind: am I really going to go back and do a VSS
conversion on existing installations? That's a lot of time and energy,
especially as it doesn't reduce exposure to IOS bugs (we haven't had
any hardware failures, but we have had software failures.)

Tim:>


#########################################################
The information contained in this e-mail and subsequent attachments may be 
privileged, 
confidential and protected from disclosure.  This transmission is intended for 
the sole 
use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the 
intended 
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  
If you 
think that you have received this message in error, please e-mail the sender at 
the above 
e-mail address.
#########################################################

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to