On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Sidney Boumendil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Tim Durack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> Open questions in my mind: am I really going to go back and do a VSS >> conversion on existing installations? That's a lot of time and energy, >> especially as it doesn't reduce exposure to IOS bugs (we haven't had >> any hardware failures, but we have had software failures.) > > I'd be interested to know what kind of bugs you came across (on SXH4?).
SXH2, Netflow bug that crippled rtr-2 and shortly thereafter rtr-1 in a redundant pair. Control-plane was half dead, but did not reboot. Needed maual intervention for recovery. We have disabled Netflow on all chassis running SXH2, and are testing SXI (we need SXI for IPv6 VRF stuff anyway, so I'm hoping this will work for us.) When it comes to IOS, hardware failures are the least of our worries... Tim:> _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
