Hi guys, I've finally solved out the mystery with that /29 subnet being blocked after the iBGP relationship came up. It was because of the "ip verify unicast reverse-path" option enabled on Router1 on the interfaces connecting the router to the ISPA. I had this option enabled to prevent ip spoofing, but it seems that it affects in a negative way iBGP, BGP being a unicast protocol.
Thanks, john >> Hello John: >> >> >> On 11/30/08 10:32 AM, "mm-tech" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> >> <snip> >> >>> The issue is after I configure the iBGP relationship between Router1 >>> and >>> Router2: connectivity to the 62.217.X.X/29 subnet on Router1 is lost. >>> It >>> cannot be pinged anymore from outside. The 91.195.X.X/23 is announced >>> correctly through both ISPs and any IP in this /23 subnet is pingable >>> from >>> outside. They only problem is with the 62.217.X.X/29 block that becomes >>> unreachable after configuring the iBGP relationship and I don't >>> understand >>> why this is happening. >>> >>> Sorry for the long post and I hope you'll give me some hints -:) >>> >>> Thanks, >>> John >>> >> >> How is the /29 configured on router 1? If it's being statically routed >> from >> your ISP, then you need to have it in your IGP somehow. Something >> simple >> would be: >> >> Interface x/x >> Ip address 62.217.x.x 255.255.255.248 >> >> Router ospf 10 >> Redistribute connected subnets >> >> More information is needed, I'm afraid. >> >> Regards, >> >> Mike >> >> > Yes, the /29 subnet is configured on Router1 on a SVI interface. I haven't > tried to put this /29 into my IGP. I'll try that and I'll let you know > guys. > > Iy you need more info, please let me know... > > Thanks, > john > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
