Maybe simplifying the question will help.

When I do a "sh ip cef exact-route <src1> <dest1>" on the 3750, it shows me that traffic should flow over link A. However, in actuality, it flows over link B. When I do a "sh ip cef exact-route <src1> <dest2>" it shows me that traffic should flow over link B. However, it actually flows over link A.

When I use a different <src> address but the same <dest> addresses, the "sh ip cef exact-route" command gives me accurate results.

I don't have any policy routing enabled. I'm trying to figure out why sometimes the "sh ip cef exact-route" command would produce accurate output and why sometimes it wouldn't.

Stumped.

(p.s. thanks for the off-list reply I received)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam Greene" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:14 PM
Subject: [c-nsp] ip cef / ospf redundancy testing


Maybe someone could point me in the right direction ...

I'm doing some redundancy testing in the lab ...

I basically have two 3750's linked together redundantly via OSPF. IP CEF is enabled. Both switches are running 12.2(25)SEE2. Switch B is receiving redundant default routes from switch A.

According to "sh ip cef exact-route" issued on switch B, traffic from <src1B> to <dest1A> and from <src2B> to <dest2A> should be all be travelling over a single link, leaving the other one empty of traffic. However, what I am actually seeing is that traffic from <src1B> to <dest1A> is flowing over one link, and from <src2B> to <dest2A> is travelling over the other.

"sh ip cef detail" confirms that per-destination load balancing should be occurring, and when I run a single stream of traffic, indeed round-robin per-packet load-sharing is not occurring.

Why would the traffic be following a different path than what the "sh ip cef exact-route" command suggests it should?

Maybe I need to provide more detail for anyone to be able to opine ...

Thanks,
adam
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to