I don't have any personal experience, this is just reading the doco. This guide references "autoinstall" in section 6 "configure the router":
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/7201_quick_start/11363q.html This next doc gives more info on the "autoinstall" process: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/fundamentals/configuration/guide/cf_config_overview_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html including the pre-requisite: "A DHCP server is available on the network to provide IP addresses to networking devices that are using AutoInstall over a LAN connection." Given the above, I'd say it's highly likely that your shiny new 7201 did issue a DHCP request when it was booted up :( regards, Tony. --- On Thu, 8/1/09, Justin Shore <[email protected]> wrote: > From: Justin Shore <[email protected]> > Subject: [c-nsp] IOS Initial setup function & DHCP > To: "'Cisco-nsp'" <[email protected]> > Date: Thursday, 8 January, 2009, 2:23 PM > Can any Cisco people tell me if when a router or switch > (router in this case) is at the initial setup prompt after > the very first power-on if the router enables DHCP on > it's interfaces? I believe I had a brand-new 7201 > running a 12.4T attempt a DHCP DISCOVER while it was at the > initial setup yes/no prompt. All interfaces were up by > default until I said 'no' to the prompt at which > time all interfaces were shutdown. Can anyone tell me if an > IOS device will attempt to use DHCP during the > 'setup' process? > > The reason I ask would take too long for me to explain > tonight. If I'm right though it kicked a configuration > problem in just the right spot to set off a major multi-hour > outage for us. > > Thanks > Justin _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
