I'm in the middle of a transition from HP -> Cisco, with an HP 2848 as the "core", so sorry if this e-mail is off topic. I am having a hard time getting DHCP relay to work, and was hoping someone with HP experience could chime in with some assistance.
I've created a new VLAN, and have specified a helper-address to point to a DHCP server that manages dozens of scopes. The new VLAN functions fine, assuming users are given a static address, but DHCP does not appear to work at all. To troubleshoot I pointed the helper-address to a system with Wireshark, but I don't see any requests coming in when a user on the new VLAN requests a new DHCP address, indicating that the request is not being forwarded properly. Is there any debugging available on the procurve to troubleshoot this further? I've read a number of documents describing how to configure DHCP relay on a procurve, and as far as I can tell the recommendations match my configuration. Here are the features enabled on the 2848: - 'ip routing' is enabled - 'dhcp-relay' does not show in a 'show run', indicating it is enabled (the default) - A 'ip helper-address x.x.x.x' statement is configured on the VLAN interface - There is a route back to the destination helper-address - Connectivity works on the VLAN in question, assuming users are statically configured Any advice would be appreciated.. -- Eric Cables _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
