That's great to hear Eric!

I ran into some DHCP issues when using MAC authentication over RADIUS
on a 5412zl this summer. In my case a simple software upgrade did the
trick as well!

- Chris

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:28:15 -0600
> From: "Eric Cables" <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Procurve DHCP relay question
> To: "Jeremy L. Gaddis" <[email protected]>,
>        "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> Message-ID:
>        <[email protected]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Thanks all for the feedback.  Turns out the software revision on the
> switch (0.8.58) was part of a revision window that had dhcp relay OFF
> by default.  I upgraded to the latest revision, which had it enabled.
>
> On 1/9/09, Jeremy L. Gaddis <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Eric Cables wrote:
>>> I'm in the middle of a transition from HP -> Cisco, with an HP 2848 as the
>>> "core", so sorry if this e-mail is off topic.  I am having a hard time
>>> getting DHCP relay to work, and was hoping someone with HP experience
>>> could
>>> chime in with some assistance.
>>>
>>> I've created a new VLAN, and have specified a helper-address to point to a
>>> DHCP server that manages dozens of scopes.  The new VLAN functions fine,
>>> assuming users are given a static address, but DHCP does not appear to
>>> work
>>> at all.
>>
>>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> I'm not sure how helpful this might be (it seems you've already taken the
>> necessary steps), but here's a cut and paste from a production switch
>> doing the same thing (a 5400 in this case):
>>
>> vlan 4071
>>    name "VLAN4071"
>>    ip helper-address 10.144.16.2
>>    ip address 10.144.1.65 255.255.255.192
>>    tagged A1-A4,Trk1
>>    exit
>>
>> HTH,
>> -j
>>
>> --
>> Jeremy L. Gaddis
>> http://evilrouters.net
>>
>>
>
> --
> Sent from my mobile device
>
>
> -- Eric Cables
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to